02 September 2005

Speechless

As those who know me, I'm rarely at a loss for words.

I've been watching CNN at work and at home. I can't believe what is going in New Orleans. We have an entire military, a Department of Homeland Security, heck, FEMA's job is dealing with stuff like this.

And there are people dying. Babies dying. And our illustrious leader of Homeland Security was on NPR bloody arguing with the anchor over whether or not there were thousands of people at the Morial Convention Center.

"Just rumors," Michael Chertoff had the gall to say.

My God.

Go to snarlingmarmot.typepad.com. Her rage is my rage.

Donate to your reliable charity. Find someone to ship your extra clothing to in Houston, Baton Rouge, Shreveport, San Antonio, et al.

Those poor people.

My God.

1 comment:

Gina said...

An additional suggestion to anyone reading this: Find out if your company has a matching-gift program. Mine is matching every dollar donated with $1.50. Even if your company can only match pennies per dollar, it all adds up fast!