To get back into the blogging swing, I'm shamelessly stealing from Ms. Gina.
Ten Things You Might Not Know About Me
1. I grew up on a farm. Two, actually, because I had the run of my mother's parents' farm as well. And I liked it.
(That last part's the bigger secret. I complain about it alot, but I did enjoy it as a kid, for the most part.)
2. I was a speech and debate geek in high school. Extemp. I competed against John Ashcroft Jr. and 11 others at state. As I had laryngitis that day, it wasn't much of a competition on my part.
3. My hair was bone-straight and mostly blonde until puberty.
4. I was in College Republicans. No. Really. Stop LAUGHING! Ask Paula R. She joined with me.
5. Three labors: No pain meds.
6. #5 = not by choice. All kids born in under 5 hours from water breaking/first contraction.
7. I had five miscarriages. So, eight pregnancies, only three kids, one with the help of fertility drugs.
8. The little (and last one) = totally not planned. Ooops. But she's cute, so we'll keep her.
9. I obsessively read trashy romances. No, not Harlequin. The good ones, that Mira and similar publishing houses put out. Julia Quinn, Celeste Bradley, Jo Beverly, Stephanie Laurens. Good stuff.
10. I like bluegrass and NASCAR.