20 December 2005

Dear Santa

Stealing an idea shamelessly from my friend Christian, who stole it from his friend Jenny is probably not in my best interests this season, but Santa, I've been busy.

My requests are few. I've tried to be good. It's hard, you know, with three kids who veer from the naughty and nice lists so frequently. Not to mention that work has been hard on me. And my husband's job has been hard on him, and consequently hard on me.

This year, I'd like:

Some good bottles of wine to share with friends.

More time to spend with my friends.

More time. Period. I'm tired of being tired, and feeling guilty because I don't spend enough time with family, friends, exercising, scrapbooking, cleaning.

Maybe freedom from guilt would be good, but I doubt you can overrule the Catholic genes.

The uncertainty hanging over our heads to dissapate into clarity of where we are going and what we might do in 2006.

Harry Potter VII to be finished early (hey, a girl can dream!)

Healthy, happy kids. And for them to stay safe. Always.

1 comment:

Carmel said...

Nothing wrong with "borrowing" ideas from friends. I might do that in a couple of days myself. Mostly for some reason I've been thinking about New Year's resolutions (Yes, I make and break them every year -- I'll have to go back and see what I did last year. Well, actually I don't think I had a blog this time last year.)